Here at MaxAB, we are re-engineering the food and grocery market, using data-driven technologies and state of the art supply chains. By consolidating the supply chain process, we are able to offer not only better prices, but improved the way retailers manage their business.
MaxAB, has secured $40 million in a Series A round, bringing the company’s total investment to date to over $45 million. MaxAB is serving over 55,000 retailers and fulfilled more than 1 million orders. It has grown more than five times year on year.
Our MaxAB talent are dedicated to uphold the MaxAB culture and values all while continuing to grow and improve services for our clients. They are innovating new ways to help improve the quality of life of the Egyptian retailer and soon to other retailers globally.
If you are passionate about working hard to make an impact and innovate new solutions, MaxAB is looking for top talent.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Earn and maintain the trust of our People
- Align with business objectives of their client groups and come up with new solutions, processes, policies that help achieve results
- Fosters a positive working environment while promoting teamwork and being partner obsessed.
- Have a “roll up your sleeves attitude” in which you are able to deal with ambiguity, pivot, and act quickly no matter how small the issue is
- Never be satisfied with the status quo, always looking to improve our People processes
- Never leave a teammate behind, take them along for the ride in order to cultivate a culture of talent and knowledge
- Be able to work in a very fast-paced environment all while having bias towards execution and detail
- Stay humble, own when we are wrong, and provide solutions
- Find problems where others couldn't and fix it
- Speak up when your gut tells you to
- Never stop having fun
The People Business Partner (PBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The PBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
- This position does have supervisory responsibilities
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructure, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- English is required, spoken and written
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in HR Business Partner capacity
- Working knowledge of several human resource disciplines, including, but not limited to: compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and Egypt employment laws.
- Bachelor’s degree required in any Business or HR Management
- Has a SPHR or PHR certification is preferred.