Founded in 2018, MaxAB is a rapidly growing food and grocery B2B e-commerce and distribution platform that serves a network of traditional retailers (mom-and-pop stores) across the MENA region. Using proprietary technology, MaxAB offers a transformative pull-driven supply chain and a tech-product that empowers both traditional retailers and suppliers. MaxAB offers traditional retailers the simplicity of dealing with one supplier, transparent pricing, on-demand delivery, and a range of value-added and embedded finance solutions. Suppliers benefit from MaxAB’s end-to-end supply chain solutions and business intelligence tools that allow them to accurately predict, monitor, and control the impact of their strategies in real time.
Our MaxAB talent are dedicated to uphold the MaxAB culture and values all while continuing to grow and improve services for our clients. They are innovating new ways to help improve the quality of life of the Egyptian retailer and soon to other retailers globally.
If you are passionate about working hard to make an impact and innovate new solutions, MaxAB is looking for top talent.
An engineering manager is a software engineer who has chosen a management career track over a technical one. Moreover, he or she spends a significant part of their time coding (e.g., 40%) and the remaining on people management and leadership activities.
• Supervise and lead engineers,
• Direct and coordinate production, operations, quality assurance, testing, or maintenance.
• Oversee the research and development of new products and procedures.
• Hire, train, and mentor other engineers and supporting staff.
• Write performance reviews and solve internal issues.
• Discuss and lay out project specifications.
• Make detailed plans to accomplish goals.
• Review, approve, or modify product designs.
• Develop cost estimates.
• Draft proposals and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
• Establish administrative policies, procedures, and standards.
• Coordinate activities of the unit with other units or organizations.
• Confer with higher levels of management.
• Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent practical experience.
• 1-3 years work experience in software development, including experience in one of the
following languages Java, Nodejs or golang.
• 2+ years of experience leading and growing a software engineering team.
• Teamwork and communication skills are a must.
• Knowledge of distributed systems concepts, e.g. scaling, consistency and availability tradeoffs.
• Great planning and dependency management skills