Here at MaxAB, we are re-engineering the food and grocery market, using data-driven technologies and state of the art supply chains. By consolidating the supply chain process, we are able to offer not only better prices, but improved the way retailers manage their business.
MaxAB, has secured $40 million in a Series A round, bringing the company’s total investment to date to over $45 million. MaxAB is serving over 55,000 retailers and fulfilled more than 1 million orders. It has grown more than five times year on year.
Our MaxAB talent are dedicated to uphold the MaxAB culture and values all while continuing to grow and improve services for our clients. They are innovating new ways to help improve the quality of life of the Egyptian retailer and soon to other retailers globally.
If you are passionate about working hard to make an impact and innovate new solutions, MaxAB is looking for top talent.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Earn and maintain the trust of our People
- Act as the “go to” person to our employees.
- Proactive and self-starter.
- Align with business objectives of their client groups and come up with new solutions, processes, policies that help achieve results
- Have a positive attitude when dealing with any person at MaxAB, internal or external customers
- Have a “roll up your sleeves attitude” in which you are able to deal with ambiguity and do what is necessary to achieve what our People need
- Never be satisfied with the status quo, always looking to improve our People processes
- Never leave a teammate behind, take them along for the ride in order to cultivate a culture of talent and knowledge
- Stay humble, owning when we are wrong and provide solutions
- Find problems where others couldn't and fix it
- Speak up when your gut tells you to
- Never stop having fun
The People Specialist will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s People Team.
- Maintains knowledge of and ensure compliance with employment- related laws and regulations.
- Administer health insurance programs.
- Develop and implement HR policies throughout the organization.
- Stay up-to-date and comply with changes in labor legislation.
- Perform, develop and report on exit interviews.
- Perform regular reports on key HR metrics.
- Efficiently lead key HR projects.
- Managing and overseeing social insurance for employees.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the People Team.
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
- Efficiency running and presenting HR analytics.
- Solid understanding of labor legislation and payroll process
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in related field required.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience as an HR Specialist or HR Generalist
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- HR Diploma is a plus.