Here at MaxAB, we are re-engineering the food and grocery market, using data-driven technologies and state of the art supply chains. By consolidating the supply chain process, we are able to offer not only better prices, but improved the way retailers manage their business.
After a successful seed funding of $6.2 million dollars, this made one of the largest seed rounds ever raised by a MENA start-up in 2019. Since then, the team at MaxAB have achieved monthly double-digit growth, and 22,000+ retailers all while developing world tech solutions to help technology deprived areas.
Our MaxAB talents are dedicated to uphold the MaxAB culture and values all while continuing to grow and improve services for our clients. They are innovating new ways to help improve the quality of life of the Egyptian retailer and soon to other retailers globally.
Supply and Demand Planner will be responsible for leading inventory management strategies to maximize customer experience, sales, margin and turns, as well as end-to-end business ownership of all supply chain processes from manufacturer to consumer. They will use data to influence others and build scalable systems & processes, rather than just addressing single issues. He/she will play a critical role in delivering the optimal customer experience by ensuring we have the right product quantities, in the right places, at the right time.
To achieve this mission, Supply and Demand Managers work to continuously optimize our end-to-end supply chain by engaging with vendors to improve operational metrics and driving system and process automation with key internal teams.
The successful candidate must be highly organized, a self-starter and possess strong data extraction and analytical capabilities. They must be fearless but thoughtful in their pursuit of results and thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel. Strong candidates will have knowledge in fundamental business principles and previous relevant experience.
. Forecast and manage efficient inbound and outbound inventory flows and health, including forecasting, and managing down unproductive inventory
· Reduce operational defects, and improve systems to streamline operations between vendors and Maxab.
· Drive root cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, develop action plans and project manage improvements
· Work with internal teams to help drive tools and process improvements that affect purchasing and category management workflow, with emphasis on automating tasks that are currently performed manually
· Oversee the Supply and Demand function including demand planning, ordering and capacity management.
· Create sustainable Supply and Demand systems and processes in partnership with technical and product teams
· Manage inventory availability and inventory health including: improved in-stock rates, inventory planning and systematic forecasting
· Drive complex business analysis that identifies opportunities to improve cost structure and profitability
What we look for:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline.
· Strong numerical and analytical aptitude, and high proficiency creating and managing advanced models
· Strong proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software
· 2+ years of experience in inventory planning, operations, retail, consulting and/or finance, with a history of owning/driving results
· Track record of delivering results and an ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
· Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills
· Ability to influence and inspire action in others, with or without a direct reporting line
· Proactive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve high level goals
· Experience working with large and complex data sets to drive business decisions
· Proven analytical abilities and problem solving skills. Ability to work with large, complex data sets and familiarity with statistics or other analytical techniques.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Applications. Advanced Excel required - Access and SQL/ETL preferred
· Proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced online environment.